Spacecraft Systems Engineer
You will be the architect and project manager responsible for the space segment. You will support the Lead system engineer by performing systems engineering analyses and overseeing the development of a full spacecraft. You will be the designer of the space mission and will coordinate and lead the space segment development/procurement. You will work closely with the other engineers and external companies. Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this post:
- Support system concept development, system architecture development, system and subsystem requirements development, systems analysis and trade studies, and systems modeling and simulation (PDR/CDR).
- Identify requirements, participate in design activities, and lead assembly, integration, and test activities (AIT).
- Track mission and system configuration information (such as mass properties, power, TT&C, OBDH, and performance data) and write complex specifications and interface control documents (ICD/IRD).
- Produce and maintain system budgets (power, volume, memory, mass … etc).
- Participate and oversee functional and environmental test campaigns by reviewing requirements, test specifications, planning, costing, risk assessment, test execution, and verification control.
- Project management, project planning, and test-tracking.
- Preparation of ESA management and technical documentation for project reviews.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with system design of small satellites or Nanosatellite missions in the industry through work or academia.
- Proven knowledge in spacecraft systems and subsystems design, mission operations, and the ability to quickly develop subject matter expertise in a specific project.
- M.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering or a similar qualification from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Proven hands-on experience in one or more of the following: AOCS electronics design, electrical power systems, thermal analysis, or integration and testing of aerospace systems.
- Knowledge of spacecraft operations and related ground systems preferred
- Experience with CubeSat projects.
- Self-starter who works with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to adapt to change in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Orbital Mechanics.
Satellite Toolkit STK, MATLAB, or Python.